Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Indie Review: Bird on wire

I  want to start off by thanking Sarah, the owner of Bird on Wire for kindly donating a giveaway prize for the Facebook event taking place March 1st. I will put up a post letting you all know  more about that in the coming week. But here is a sneak peek at Bird on Wire and the upcoming giveaway prize.

Skinny Rooster Saddle Earrings

On March 1st, my Facebook followers will have a chance to win this pair of striking rooster saddle earrings!! value: $35

I have had the joy of speaking with Sarah about her company and the advice she has for other aspiring artist. Read the full interview after the jump.

1. Please introduce yourself:

My name is Sarah Paterson, owner/designer of Bird on Wire

 

2. Nice to meet you Sarah, Do you mind if I ask why you decided to start your business?

After living and selling my jewelry in Guatemala for seven years I realized what I wanted to do and that I could make a living doing it.   So I just recently moved back home to start up my business.  I knew I had to be self-employed and working online will allow me to eventually move back down south full time and still make money doing what I love to do.

3. Thank you for sharing that with us! What is your creative process?


Most of my designs and ideas come to me while I'm out on my hikes, which I do every day, sometimes twice.  I'm very inspired by my travels and have a fascination with tribal culture's and nature.  All of these aspects and the fact that I am a perfectionist help me create my unique pieces.

4. I agree, your pieces are very unique! What is your best selling item?


My feather earrings have always been my top sellers, especially my shorter designs.

Its funny that Sarah would say this because immediately after discovering her website, I fell in love with these pheasant feather earrings!!

il_570xN.309865279

Retail: $28

5. Have you faced any challenges in owning your own business?


Money is always a problem when starting up, saving for future market dates, paying for supplies and materials etc.   Since I just moved back to Canada I also have all the expenses involved with starting up life again so it has been tough to get ahead.

6. Where do you see  your company in 5 years?


I want to have my online stores well established.  I would like to live and work from a different country and continue on my travels as this is where I get most of my inspiration and creativity.

7. What advice would you give to someone interested in starting their own business?


To perfect what you love to do, set goals and be passionate about becoming successful.

 

If you would like to learn more about Sarah and her company Bird on Wire, please visit her website here and be sure to like her facebook page for the upcoming giveaway!!

5 comments:

  1. They are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see any links to the FB page or the website ... where can I find these ... 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting the blog. In the last paragraph where it says "visit her website here" click on the word here ,it will link you to her site. In the same paragraph where it says"visit her Facebook page" click on the word Facebook, it will link you to her page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sorry ... normally the links are different colours or bolded. I got it now. Thx! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem. My links should show up pink but I see they don't. I will fix this later today. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

    ReplyDelete