Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Seriously Delicious Treats

IMG_8932

Ok so if you don’t know already I’m a certified sugar addict! You can read about my past loves here and here. Today’s obsession is brought to you by Seriously Baked, a gourmet online bakery, specializing in gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan baked goodness including, cakes, pies, cookies, and more. Today we will be discussing the 'best darn brownies' ever baked and a apple and gruyere cheese tart.

browni1

First up and everyone’s favorite, the S’more brownie! Thank you so much to the kind people over at Seriously Baked for sending over this surprise treat. While I couldn’t enjoy it due to my chocolate allergy, I was more than pleased to see the smiles on my sisters faces.

browni2

My sister Shannon said this brownie was like ‘a piece of heaven’ in her mouth! Now if that is not good I don’t know what is! Let me tell you guys, this brownie literally called out to me and for a split second I almost contemplated suffering through an allergic reaction just so I could experience the goodness. But, better judgment ( and my sisters evil eye) made me think twice. Instead I held out for the sugar-free apple and Gruyere cheese tart.

IMG_8963

The idea of this tart seemed oh so delicious and the presentation was without a doubt amazing but I believe that in transit this sexy piece of goodness suffered the horror of the Florida heat. We heated the tart per the instructions on the package but the crust still came out a bit wonky. Now I in no way fault Seriously Baked for this, living in Florida I should have chosen another treat to sample. But hey we live and learn right?!

redo

I will say however that those apples were yummy! I did like any sane person and nibbled on most of the apples on the tart. I may beg my sister to give this tart a try here at home at a later date. All in all everything was up to par and before I forget, everything came packaged safely as shown below.

IMG_8923

The bubble wrap on top contained ice packs but they were already melted by the time they reached my home. Again, not the fault of the company. When I order things from Amazon I experience the same issue due to the extreme heat in my area. It also didn't help that the packaged arrived while we were out, so the sun had ample amount of time to rain on my sugary sweet parade.



For those of you still salivating over those brownies, you are in luck. Seriously Baked was kind enough to offer my readers $5 off your first order of any cupcakes, use code SWEETSB1. Just in case you’re stumped on what sweet cupcakes to choose, check out a few of my favorites below!

seriously baked image 3a


Double Chocolate Cupcakes $37.20 (for 1 dozen)




2 comments: