Melanie the owner of Body Pastries contacted me recently about doing a review of her new natural body care products. Melanie began researching natural alternatives after learning that her friend at the young age of 30 had been diagnosed with breast cancer. She had always lived a healthy lifestyle but came to realize that most of the products she used were not healthy for her body. So she made it her goal to develop a line that would refrain from using unhealthy chemicals. Thus Gourmet Body Pastries was born.
I received a cute care package with four body care products and a exfoliating loufa. The packaging was almost to cute for words and I appreciated the fact that the box can be reused after you have finished your products. I plan to use my box to store more Gourmet Body Pastries! Here is a quick run down of the products I received and my initial reaction.
Chocolate Caramel Fantasy Whipped Shea Butter
Ingredients: Contains a wonderful blend of chocolate, caramel, vanilla and coconut fragrance oils infused in a blend of shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin e oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, aloe vera gel and vegetable glycerin.
Straight from site: “If you are a chocolate lover… You will LOVE this! This body cream was inspired by a sinful loose leaf black tea that I absolutely love.”
Price: 4oz $12 or 8oz $22
Thoughts:
I have to be honest I couldn’t take the smell of this body butter as it immediately gave me a headache. I don’t say this to deter you, it definitely smells like chocolate but seeing that I have an allergy to that particular delicacy I just couldn’t use this. My sister however loved this scent so I passed this on to her. Check back here in a week for her review of this product.
Key Lime Mousse Sugar Body Scrub
Ingredients: Contains sugar, castor oil, olive oil, essential oil and fresh lime zest.
Straight from the site: You will love feeding your skin with this hydrating treat .This sugar body scrub not only smells delightful but helps remove dead skin cells.
Price: 4oz $14 8oz $25
Thoughts:
This was my personal favorite from the bunch. The smell took me back to childhood and made me remember those yummy lime popsicles my grandmother would bring home from Snipes. For those of you who don’t know, that is a grocery store from my old hometown, Sylvester, GA. Anyway, back to the review. This body scrub has just the right amount of oil to sugar ratio and leaves your skin soft and smooth. I’m almost out of this one and you better believe I will be making another order!
Lemon Soufflé Sugar Body Scrub
Ingredients: Contains sugar, castor oil, olive oil, essential oil and fresh lemon zest.
Straight from the site: This citrus scrub leaves your skin with a sun kissed glow.It can be used on the face as well as the body. BodyScrubs should be used once per week after bathing before getting out the shower.
Price: 4oz $14 8oz $25
Thoughts:
Love Love Love this! The smell oh my gosh I wish this picture could be scratch and sniff. You guys this smell is so yummy and immediately lifts your mood. Just think of a lemon pound cake and you pretty much have the smell of this body scrub. This one also left my skin nice and soft and will also be a permanent fixture in my bathroom.
Rainbow Sherbet Hair Moisturizing Cream
Ingredients: Mango butter, Shea butter, Jamaican black castor oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, avocado oil, vegetable glycerin, aloe Vera Gel and fragrance oil
Straight from the site: This yummy blend of Shea butter and carrier oils melt in your hands as you apply it to your hair. This moisturizer is best used on wet or dry hair to soften, protect and add shine.
Price: 4oz $12.80
Thoughts: This is great because it quickly goes from a solid to liquid state when rubbed between your hands. Gives hair a nice shine and has a tasty scent. I know the bottle says hair moisturizer but I have also used this on my face and body and it feels wonderful. I can’t wait to try the other hair moisturizers on Gourmet Body Pastries.
If you would like to purchase your own Gourmet body treat please click here. Also make sure you follow Melanie via Twitter and Facebook so that you can stay up to date with the newest products and sales. Speaking of sales the save 20% on any whipped hair custard. And if you spend $50 or more you will receive a free 2oz container of whipped Shea body butter cream.
Thank you so much Melanie for this experience! You have a loyal customer here and my sisters love you also!
The Sugar scrub makes a great exfoliant and moisturizer for the face. I highly recommend this sweet treat for the skin and hair!
ReplyDelete